Monday, December 2, 2013

Tending to motion

Well, on my way back from Washington (which was delightful); Bellingham really is a beautiful city -- I should probably have taken more pictures of the bay and the architecture around town. They have an AWESOME local bookstore and, while it can get a little cold, everything is green and gorgeous (there are plants and moss eeeeeverywhere; I love it). Their streets are insane, though.

I'm in the airport now, which seems weirdly devoid of time. The person sitting next to you may be just starting their journey, or they may have been travelling for days. People are sleeping on benches, getting a drink at the bar or a cup of coffee in the cafe. Breakfast or dinner? Early or late? The time of the actual place (somewhat) ceases to matter as your own personal little bubble of travel time goes along with you from airport to airport like another carry-on.
Okay, I just re-read that paragraph...man, I hope I can get some sleep today -- I think I need it.

Heeere's some links:

No comments:

Post a Comment